The Environment Requires Green Garage Doors02/08/2014 Back To Blog
If you eliminate slightly the consumption of energy at your home in Glen Cove, the effects on the environment will be trivial, but think what a great difference it would make if all the households of New York would follow your example. Excellent results come from collective endeavors and the installation of a green garage door can be your little contribution for a better atmosphere. At the same time, you are helping your pocket, too. Insulated garage doors will help you distribute energy better and consume less than usual.
How can I improve the insulation of my garage door?
- Most new garage doors are excellent and most of them are insulated properly. You should check the insulation efficiency of the door with the help of the R-value; the greatest the value, the greatest the efficiency.
- You should pay attention to the installation of the door because little gaps around it would make a difference to the indoor temperatures. This is the reason you should replace the bottom seal often because when it is worn, it creates a gap that allows air drafts entering your property.
- You should check the walls of the garage and the surface of the panel often for small holes and prevent the spread of mold or rust that could penetrate and damage the material.
- If you are thinking of painting the door, you should consider coatings that are friendly to the environment like the powder coat.
- If you cannot afford garage door replacement, there are special kits in the market that include all the necessary equipment and instructions for the reinforcement of your door with insulation materials. If you would need extra materials or advice, you could get consultation at garage door repair Glen Cove.
- All materials are improved and most of them are insulated these days, but aluminum overhead doors would be your best option for greater insulation efficiency.
- Don't open the door without a particular reason because it will affect the temperatures indoors and might even endanger your safety.